Date: Saturday May 20, 2017
Time: 9:00 am - 4:45 pm
Location: Franklin T. DeGroodt Public Library, 6475 Minton Road, Palm Bay, Florida
Authors will learn how to publish their book, build an audience and make money at a one-day Master Class in Indie Publishing, 9 a.m.-4:45 p.m. May 20, at Franklin T. DeGroodt Public Library in Palm Bay, Florida. Bestselling indie-published authors and experts will give practical information on every aspect of self-publishing, from editing and publication to branding and marketing.
Independent or self-publishing continues to grow. Indie authors earned more than $595 million in ebook sales, $225 million in print book sales and $46 million in audiobook sales last year, according to Author Earnings. Tap into this healthy market for indie-published books by learning how to:
- Understand the market and how today’s indie publishing differs from vanity presses
- Create a one-year plan that will map out a path to earning real money from your books
- Build a team to help you produce a well-edited book with a professional, marketable cover
- Produce and upload your book in print and ebook formats to online outlets
- Launch your brand and create a marketing plan to sell your books
Presenters include New York Times, USA Today and Amazon bestsellers: Amy Atwell, JoMarie DeGioia, Leigh Duncan, Maria Geraci, Kristen Painter and Roxanne St. Claire. (See below for detailed biographies and schedule.) The workshop is sponsored by the SpacecoasT Authors of Romance (STAR), a chapter of Romance Writers of America.
Space is limited. Registration is required. The fee for the all-day master class, a morning snack and lunch is $40 ($25 for STAR members). Get the full schedule and speaker biographies and register at authorsofromance.com/masterclass