The Cocoa Beach Pier, an icon of the Space Coast for decades, was purchased by Florida-based timeshare company Westgate Resorts in late April. Multi-million dollar plans to rejuvenate the pier were announced days after the sale was completed.
After a recent meeting with the Pier, the Cocoa Beach Regional Chamber of Commerce’s Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) is confident these new changes will enhance our visitor’s experience! Be sure to stop by and watch all the new changes take place.
New plans scheduled:
- Restaurants will remain locally owned (no franchises), however, Marlin’s and O’Shucks will both receive a name change and upgrade. Marlin’s will become Pelican’s and O’Shucks will become Keith’s Raw Bar!
- The Pier itself has been cleaned up significantly to optimize the ocean view.
- The boardwalk will have a planned theme.
- An additional parking lot is to be added.
- New restrooms will be added by the end of this month.
- Only local glass and doors will be used during the facility upgrades.
- The history of the Cape and Westgate will appear alongside the walk up the Pier.
In addition to all of the new upgrades, the Pier will continue to host a bevy of musical acts for the entertainment of locals and tourists alike!
Entertainment Schedule for O’Shucks:
- Wednesday, July 16 – Vintage, 6PM-9PM
- Friday, July 18 - Crab Races, 7PM-11PM
- Saturday, July 19 - Rock This Town, 7PM-11PM
- Sunday, July 20 - Mike Dugan Duo, 2PM-6PM
- Wednesday, July 23 – Vintage, 6PM-9PM
- Friday, July 25 - Derrick & Slammers, 7PM-11PM
- Saturday, July 26 - Rock This Town, 7PM-11PM
- Sunday, July 27 - Mike Dugan Duo, 2PM-6PM
- Wednesday, July 30 - Braham’s, 6PM-9PM
Entertainment Schedule for the Boardwalk:
- Friday, July 18 - Mike Dugan Duo, 7PM-11PM
- Saturday, July 19 - Cap’n Carl, 7PM-11PM
- Friday, July 25 - Mike Dugan Duo, 7PM-11PM
- Saturday, July 26 - Cap’n Carl, 7PM-11PM