About Cocoa Beach
Within Cocoa Beach city limits you will find:
- 6 miles of ocean beaches with excellent beach access from one end of the city to the other
- 3 oceanfront parks with restrooms, showers and picnic tables
- A 27-hole public golf course on the Banana River
- An outdoor heated and cooled 50 meter public swimming pool
- State-of-the-Art Skate Park
- Numerous children's playgrounds throughout the city
- A public tennis complex with lighted courts
- Excellent hotel / motel accommodations - all major chains represented as well as smaller "mom and pop" motels and timeshares
- A wide range of dining choices to fit the taste buds and budget of everyone
- Over 30 public transportation stops throughout Cocoa Beach.
- Tours of the Banana River Lagoon by boat or kayak - see marine life and wildlife in their natural habitat.
Be awed - Watch a space launch from the Beach! Kennedy and Cape Canaveral Space Launch Centers are just a few miles to the north. Even the locals come out to watch the spectacular views of day and night launches. Or spend a day visiting the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex - less than 30 minutes away.
Getaway by land - The Orlando Area attractions: Disney World, Epcot, Sea World, Universal and MGM Studios are all within 60 miles. Or visit interesting sites closer to the Beach like the Brevard County Zoo.
Getaway by water - We're just minutes from Florida's fastest growing port - Port Canaveral. Embark from the world class cruise terminals aboard affordable cruises to exotic Caribbean destinations or take a day cruise aboard a casino ship. Deep-sea fishing boats and day sails are also available at the Port.
At the end-of-the-day return to Cocoa Beach to enjoy dinner at one of the many dining spots on the Beach or kick back and enjoy the easy beach-style nightlife in Cocoa Beach. Local restaurants offer tasty fares for every appetite. Nightlife activities run the gamut from cool jazz clubs to beach side cafes.
For more information, visit CityofCocoaBeach.com