The community of Viera is centrally coastal and conveniently master-planned in the heart of the booming Space Coast. Viera ranks in the top 10 of the top 50 best-selling, master-planned communities in the country and continues to attract new residents each day through its diversity of housing product, parks, trails, open spaces, shopping, dining, and robust array of lifestyle activities. Here are a few interesting facts about Viera:
- The name Viera means “faith” in the founding family’s native Slovak language.
- 20,646 acres centered in the heart of Brevard along I-95.
- Over 100 miles of recreation trails and 46% open space and conservation areas.
- The Viera Wilderness Park (Wildlife and Habitat Conservation Easement along western boundary).
- Multiple regional parks and dog parks throughout Viera.
- Outdoor hockey rink at La Roca Park.
- Rich Grissom Memorial Wetlands and the Brevard Zoo.
- A-rated schools and hospital.
- Premiere shopping and dining opportunities.
- Large community events such as the Great American Celebration in July and the Light Up Viera parade in December.
- Award winning Duran Golf Course and Tradewinds Restaurant.
- United States Specialty Sports Association (USSSA) at Space Coast Stadium.
- Convenient to government services to include VA Clinic, Health Department, School Board, County Government Center, and Courthouse.
- Population is expected to grow to over 70,000 at community’s buildout.
- Median age is 49.1 and 77% of its resident have a college education.
- Average household size is 2.43 and 84% of the households own versus rent.
- Median household income is $89,341 versus Brevard County at $64,216
- Median home value is $325,519.
- 863+ businesses with 11,721+ employees.
For more information, visit www.Viera.com